Most people are under the impression that because everybody is doing it, social media is easy to navigate for your business. It can be, if you do it right. However, failure to have a plan will not help your chances.
Develop a PR plan with your business objectives
- Statement of Purpose- who you are, what you do, why you do it and how you aim to achieve it.
- Audience- who are you aiming to reach?
- Unique Selling Point- what USP sets you apart from the competition? Every business should have one, make sure you’re effectively communicating yours.
- Operational & Communication Objectives- for each business objective, you should have an organization and communication objective. For instance, your objective is: To provide the best standard of service to customers. Operational: To train staff effectively. Communication: To ensure every member of staff understands the expected level of service.
Create a memorable message for your audience
- Think Outside the Box- offer something that is new and fresh, that will add value to someone’s day.
- Information- with the majority of information just a click away, it’s important to ensure that your information is accurate and relevant.
- Impact & Ignition- leave a lasting impression, and finish with a call to action.
Prepare key talking tips
Creating an outline is the best way to keep yourself on track, you can do this by preparing some key talking tips to ensure you stay on topic. It’s also important that you know when to stop, you risk losing your audience if you start repeating yourself.
Share unique points about your company, product, and services
What is it about your product or services that leaves the competition in the dust? What is your company’s back story? Sharing these points can help you build trust with your potential customers, investors, and influencers. Find a way to say what special benefit comes with buying a particular product or service.
Discuss benefits for your audience
Every product, or service, has features, benefits and incentives. Understand what the FBI is of what you are offering so that you can effectively communicate that to your audience.
Enhance your interviews with stats, stories, and visuals
We know how popular content marketing is, so why wouldn’t visuals improve an interview? Use those visuals, along with stats, to tell a story of success, growth and opportunity. Not only will it make you unforgettable, but it presents a picture of what an organized, analytical person you are.
Summarize your most important and memorable concepts
Your conclusion is where you touch on each of the points you have made, highlighting the most important, and most memorable issues you have raised. Your ability to summarize succinctly will pull your overall thoughts together in a smart and efficient manner and leave a lasting impression. Ensure that you understand what concepts are the most important so that you don’t leave anything out.